Wednesday, October 8, 2014

1, 2, 3...GO!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Right now we are in a hotel near Washington Dulles Airport, soon to sleep and wake up early to catch a flight to Africa! Well, not just us...we are also taking along over 400 pounds of luggage! Tomorrow we fly to Ethiopia, then down to Johannesburg, and finally to Lesotho where we will be met by the Geurinks from Beautiful Gate. It still doesn't seem real.

2 funny things that happened today :
 
1. After sitting in the Grand Rapids, MI airport for about 30 minutes, Dakotah asked, "Are we in Africa?" Don't we wish! There is still a long journey ahead.
2. I showed Dakotah a Youtube video of BJ Thomas singing "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head." The video shows BJ Thomas with long wavy hair, probably in his early 50's. Dakotah thought it was Pastor Jack (Calvary Chapel Chino Hills)! We all laughed!!  

Thank you to so many who have helped us along the way. Please continue to pray as we transition to a new culture and lifestyle. Although things have taken longer than we expected, looking back I don't think we would change a thing. God knew...

Last Sunday the worship team at the church I attended sang "The Stand." So appropriate. The lyrics go like this:

You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand
 
You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand
 
So what can I say?
What can I do?
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
 
So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
 
Yep, we're headed to Lesotho. I know I leave home as a selfish, willful person who knows very little about poverty, injustice, or untimely death. I pray that I will learn to surrender more completely and live with heart abandoned, and that God will work in our hearts so that we are ready and willing to do whatever He has prepared for us.
 
Stay tuned.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment