Thursday, November 6, 2014

Remaking

Thursday, November 6

One of my passions is interior design. I am one of those people who would be blissfully happy watching six hours of HGTV a day. Going through model homes or hanging out at Home Depot is my idea of a great afternoon! Yesterday and today Beth and I painted our kitchen, living room and dining area with help from some American women who have come to Lesotho to lead a women's retreat this weekend. We have had so much fun just putting our own stamp on the place where we live, making it our own. 

While paging through a design magazine today, I came across the following quote by Joan Didion: "A place belongs forever to whoever claims it hardest...wrenches it from itself, shapes it, renders it, loves it so radically that he remakes it in his image." Immediately that made me think of our Heavenly Father. He claims us harder than we truly comprehend, shapes us, loves us radically, and conforms us to His image. 
  
For we are what he has made us, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be our way of life.  --Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment