Thursday, January 4, 2018

5 Liter Challenge!

Our water is off again. Running water is one of those big things we so easily take for granted. Pros: you don't have to do dishes, laundry, or mop the floor for a while. Cons: no wake-up showers or flushing toilets. It's a bummer. 

Nevertheless, I'm feeling VERY proud of myself today. We had to get ready for a special ceremony at BG this morning, which meant at least smelling clean and dressing up. Rather than sponging off a shower from our neighbor's house (who happens to be my principal!), I decided to bite the soap bar and practice the bathing skills we learned our first year in Lesotho when we went without running water for many months. 

With a dishpan, plastic cup, and 5 litres of room temperature water, I trudged into the bathroom and went to work. Now, I'm  6 feet tall with shoulder length hair and washing my hair is a must, a morning ritual. My goal was to wash my hair, rinse thoroughly, and bathe with only 5 litres of water. 

BUYA! BUYA! I did it!! In less than 5 minutes (yes, saving water AND time) I was ready to face the day. So...drumroll, please: I challenge anyone who might read this to try the same thing. How little water can you use to clean up in the morning? Can you include teeth brushing in that 5 litres? #SaveTheWaterPlanet #RepublicanEnvironmentalist! #AnythingICanDo,YouCanDoBetter




No comments:

Post a Comment